Barcode Day Ideas.....Barcode Questions

Moderator: Network Admins

Barcode Day Ideas.....Barcode Questions

Postby MaximuM » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 07:11

Ok.....so I've been thinking.

For Barcode Day 2008, why don't we do more? More than just write Fox in protest, and sign petitions? Why don't we get the word out with merchandise? Use sites like CafePress.com, and make money off of our products, while getting our message out? I don't know about you guys, but I'd wear a Barcode Day shirt, every day. I say, make the shirts black, with white barcodes, or vice versa. We could have the barcode on the shirt match our favorite transgenic, and have some sort of Barcode Day logo on it....

Also, does anyone have any exact pics of Max or Alec's barcode? Like, real pictures or frames? I'm seriously considering getting a barcode on my neck....

So, whaddaya guys think?
Forever Eyes....Dark. Somebody's Angel...
MaximuM
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 17:32

Use sites like CafePress.com, and make money off of our products

well we did do t-shirts but no body bothered to print them, you point was the whole idea behind the t-shirts we designed. and if we sell them we could be sued for copyright, so they are free for all.

http://www.darkangel-network.com/viewto ... ht=tshirts

the Barcode day (BCD) isn't just "write Fox in protest, and sign petitions" its much more, you should read up past conversations.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 17:46

yes, but it's right too that we should must find a really news idea for this BCD... .
Even if i'm not sure that sell something is a good idea.. . I think we must convince fans, not ask them money... .

I have read about a stupid thing : on ebay, somebody has sell his arm for one week, or somebody else has sell his soul.. .. It was only for fun, of course, not a real selling... . Maybe we can find something like that, like sell the permission to participate to the BCD, sell the acces to the board... . Of course, without money, juste for make speak of us... .

how do you think about that ?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby jondy09 » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 17:52

I still like a gigantic DA themed paint ball game! I was going to print the T-shirts!! We were thinking of mass graffiti and other things to get press... I wish I could contact the author of the DA themed painball article, he could do some coverage and/or put us in touch with the organizer of the gigantic paintball game and some of the players, who I'm sure are still DA fans since it only ttok place in june!
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby rantanplan » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 17:57

since it only ttok place in june!

???
(i have understand all the rest of the post) :).

it's right that we have the paintball, too :).
And for sure, they are DA fan, if not, they can't find this idea of paintball... .

Somebody play to "airsoft", too ?
Maybe there is already something in airsoft about dark angel, without we know that. :-).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby hedghehog » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 17:59

yeah we shouldn't sell anything average fan doesn't want to buy anything,sorry for destroying your hopes and dreams but most of us here lost their hope in return of DA long ago,but i still do believe so im glad there are people like you that bring the hope back
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby jondy09 » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 18:00

What, you don't even think we can get a movie?
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 18:01

yeah probably. The BCD is not just one event but a collection of all these individual things. The t-shirts are a very good, not because i designed them or anything, cause i did it for free and am not going to gain nothing from people printing them but they are a very simple ways for advertising!! Me and Saahm were talking about them and how nobody seemed to want to print them for themselves and we were both sad and i was going to write a new topic to try to revive it, but this seems to be a good chance to do that
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby hedghehog » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 18:06

jondy09 wrote:What, you don't even think we can get a movie?

well movie is possible but with different actors,which means that focus would be on Jondy or someone else but not on Max
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby rantanplan » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 18:08

personnally, i think we can again obtain something... . If not, what is the reason of the BCD ?

and yes, i'm ok with dean. Tshirt's idea was really great.. .
and it's a good way for do a good advertising for free. :).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby MaximuM » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 20:06

Can I get a link so I can get one of the shirts?
Forever Eyes....Dark. Somebody's Angel...
MaximuM
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Tue 30. Oct 2007, 20:16

http://www.eyes-only-online.net/index.p ... testshirts

send us a photo if you do print them. But read the link i gave you before for instuctions.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Re: Barcode Day Ideas.....Barcode Questions

Postby Saahm23 » Tue 6. Nov 2007, 22:24

MaximuM wrote:Ok.....so I've been thinking.

For Barcode Day 2008, why don't we do more? More than just write Fox in protest, and sign petitions? Why don't we get the word out with merchandise? Use sites like CafePress.com, and make money off of our products, while getting our message out? I don't know about you guys, but I'd wear a Barcode Day shirt, every day. I say, make the shirts black, with white barcodes, or vice versa. We could have the barcode on the shirt match our favorite transgenic, and have some sort of Barcode Day logo on it....

Also, does anyone have any exact pics of Max or Alec's barcode? Like, real pictures or frames? I'm seriously considering getting a barcode on my neck....

So, whaddaya guys think?

The thing is we don't won't make any money with our work. Like dean said it would be against the copyright thing and against what the Dark Angel Network is :wink:

For ideas and more for the Barcodeday post pls in the existing brainstorm thread

:arrowright: http://www.darkangel-network.com/viewtopic.php?t=124
Saahm23
Network Admin

Return to Archive (Papierkorb)