[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dark Angel Network • View topic - Volume 1: Before the Dawn

Volume 1: Before the Dawn

Talk about the Dark Angel Books

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Volume 1: Before the Dawn

Postby Saahm23 » Sun 7. Sep 2008, 16:35

Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby jondy09 » Sat 13. Sep 2008, 02:33

NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby tim1990 » Tue 31. Mar 2009, 21:39

what were phrases and expressions you liked and want to remember?
tim1990
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby Allison Lightning » Fri 10. Apr 2009, 13:06

I really hated it- it wasn't Dark Angel- I mean the first time I read it I was so shocked by the amount of canon episodes and that was before I got the DVDs and were able to watch them a million times over- it's style very little of it even approached DA level.

And my opnion of said author dropped when I found out he has never watched Dark Angel but wrote it from a treatment given to him. I'm just glad that they are just the paid fanfiction books. But seriously- there were better writers out there, who Im sure would have made the effort to watch the series of which they were getting apid to write.

And it was a shame because the idea of a character like Seth was sound- but inserting him completely paid no attention for DA's history, the kind of man Logan Cale was. It was trying to invent a reason for Max/space needle with that well meaning but stupid fight ( if Deck knew about the Space Needle- he would have at least put it under survaillance) and there already was one- it's the high place in Seattle, and is made Max feel up there that she was just a regular girl if she stayed up there long enough.

There was no need to try to rewrite that. And it made no attempt to really reference flashbacks- or storylien points that happened in the past to that time ( because Collins didn't have a clue outside of that story treatment) which lessened it further.

Just wanted to add my two cents
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Return to The Books