[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Dark Angel Network • View topic - The books

The books

Talk about the Dark Angel Books

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

The books

Postby jondy09 » Wed 18. Jul 2007, 03:03

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby Laura » Wed 18. Jul 2007, 15:40

I enjoyed reading the DA books even though I don't like reading lol! They're really good as they are based on the series and are worth reading ;)
If my memory is good, there are some Manticore flashbacks in "Before The Dawn".
The book aren't in a comic book form.
And the Eyes Only Dossier is really fun to read! You feel as though you were the Eyes Only lol!

They designed her to be the perfect soldier, a human weapon, than she escaped. In a future not far from now, in a broken world, she is haunted by her past. She cannot run, she must fight to discover her destiny.
Laura
Network Moderator

Postby Serenity » Thu 19. Jul 2007, 01:04

While a lot of DA fans consider the books to be "unofficial" since none of their material was even mentioned in the show, here's my opinion on them:

Before the Dawn helps answer some questions about Max's post-Mantiocre "childhood" that the show left out.

Skin Game is interesting to read and has the feel of the show. However, it doesn't really answer a whole lot of questions left by the S2 final episode.

After the Dark is a well-written wrap up of the show, but in my opinion the ending could've been better & more action-packed.

The Eyes Only Dossier helps give you more insight into what happened behind the scenes both at Manticore and with the Eyes Only Informant Net. Also, if you've ever been to a Dark Angel fansite & wondered how they figured out various transgenics' designations, when they weren't mentioned in the show, you'll be able to figure out how they did it.
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby jondy09 » Sun 29. Jul 2007, 19:04

In the books what are the other 3 escapees names?
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby jondy09 » Mon 30. Jul 2007, 01:34

Anyone know?? I think one was seth???
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 30. Jul 2007, 16:58

yeap. Well I have always talked highly about the DA books and have recomended them many times on the forum. I have also recomended them as a good basis for DA movies, eventhough some changes must be made. I have read Before the Dawn and After the Dark (I mistakenly ordered After the dark before Skin Game so i didn't bother in ordering Skin Game), and I oredered THE EYES ONLY DOSSIER which is still to arrive. Ebay asks you to write reviews of books you have ordered, so i Did. Now below i have pasted my reviews, enjoy.

Before the Dawn:
It is a Excellent read for true Dark Angel fans. It gives you a lot of info that we didn't know from the series. It is a very Excellent read for readers that aren't familiar with Dark Angel because it gives a very accurate and vivid first glims of Max, Manticore and the begining of the Dark Angel series. I will for sure recomend it to anyone and i will buy the rest of the book series in the future.

After the Dark:
This book is a superb ending of the three other Max Allan Collins's Dark Angel books. It ties up a lot of important loose ends from the series. Max Allan Collins is a genius. The one thing I dislike in this book is that at times the action is a bit too gory. Over all this is a must read for all Dark Angel fans. "Stay strong in the struggle" - http://www.darkangel-network.com/
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby jondy09 » Mon 30. Jul 2007, 17:54

cool... but what are the names? I'm working on my first fanfic and I need the names...
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby jondy09 » Mon 30. Jul 2007, 19:53

sweet, thank you :)
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby jondy09 » Sun 5. Aug 2007, 18:37

NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby jondy09 » Mon 20. Aug 2007, 17:58

I've read Eyes Only: dossier and Before the Dawn and I'm on p. 132 of Skin Game..

*spoiler*

I like them so far but I've noticed a few holes... for instance Uncle Jonas dies in S1 but they have him selling the property in Terminal City in S2...
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby hedghehog » Mon 20. Aug 2007, 21:10

you are a fast reader enjoy
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby firnantok » Mon 20. Aug 2007, 21:18

2,5days/book was my time für DA1-3... i love these books...need 300 storys more :)
Normal: "Get moving! This is not a youth hostel, but i am hostile to youth[..]" , DA: After the Dark
firnantok
Sector Cop

Postby jondy09 » Mon 20. Aug 2007, 21:20

lol, you're a fast reader too and I agree more stories are needed :)
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby firnantok » Mon 20. Aug 2007, 21:22

fast reading suckz...now i miss max and logan every night ;)
Normal: "Get moving! This is not a youth hostel, but i am hostile to youth[..]" , DA: After the Dark
firnantok
Sector Cop

Next

Return to The Books