copyright filter @ youtube!!!

Everything :D !!!No posts will count!!

Moderator: Network Admins

copyright filter @ youtube!!!

Postby Saahm23 » Tue 25. Sep 2007, 22:58

I was searching the last days for the reason how and why exact youtube is suspending alot of accounts and deleting tons on videos. So i found now a articel on a german site

I translate the articel over babelfish. So its not perfect but i hope you all can understand what happend. And the time WHEN it happend fits exact.

:arrowright: YouTube plans copyright filters for autumn

This filter is a new automatic video identification. So its easy to find the videos. They do it because of a claim of the media concern Viacom
and other companys like the Fox Film Company und Twentieth Century Pictures. :fox:
Last edited by Saahm23 on Tue 25. Sep 2007, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby rantanplan » Tue 25. Sep 2007, 23:11

a electronic filter .. .

maybe we can find a way to make it unuseful... .

but i notice one thing : i search on youtube "dark angel", result : "No Videos found for 'dark angel'".... .

strange, because there is again some video about the show... .

bye!

edit : i can search dark angel, now!! lol
rantanplan
X2

Postby moonlitestar » Wed 26. Sep 2007, 02:41

Ahha! So there IS a program they made to do all that....
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby rantanplan » Wed 26. Sep 2007, 18:33

and if we host vids on a personel server, and broadcast the link on each video staying on youtube ?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby jondy09 » Wed 26. Sep 2007, 19:18

Thing is the personal servers don't reach as many people.... their filter doesn't work very well because some vids are deleted while others stay... what is the difference in those videos? That is one way we can figure out how to get around it...
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby Saahm23 » Wed 26. Sep 2007, 20:21

In the near future you will see they delete each vid on each video portal site. This programm now is very new and they will upgrade it with the time and it will be better and better.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby rantanplan » Wed 26. Sep 2007, 23:00

of cours,e and more and more used, in concurent... .

it's why i think to use a personal server, for be totally independent, and reach people with message on youtube and another website.
but it's clear that is a lot of work... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby moonlitestar » Thu 27. Sep 2007, 02:12

Hmm...so now that we've declared that Manticore ISNT the one behind this mishap, I started thinking of other things about how my two videos *still* remain on youtube. and I think I know what it is!

My two videos Escape and What I've Done are made up of A LOT of different clips. They probably don't have over a minute of any clip...Whereas, my other two vids, Runaway and EScape, all contain clips that are longer in nature.

Perhaps for now, the only way to circumvent their program is to make videos composed of short clips...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby rantanplan » Thu 27. Sep 2007, 19:02

why if it's short, it's least detected ?

mm i think, if smeone have a server, and don't want use it for video only because it can not be comment, like in youtube... . We can have copy of youtube's site, that we can modify, for adapt for us... .

and after that, we can do publicity, and recuperate people decept by youtube... . so we'll have visitors, members, news vids... . and comment lol.

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby hedghehog » Thu 27. Sep 2007, 19:26

Saahm23 wrote:In the near future you will see they delete each vid on each video portal site. This programm now is very new and they will upgrade it with the time and it will be better and better.

they should use all that time and resource for something more useful like bringing DA back :fox:
"We all have time machines.The ones that take us back are called memories and the ones that take us forward are called dreams."

hedghehog
Transhuman

Postby jondy09 » Thu 27. Sep 2007, 21:57

hedghehog wrote:they should use all that time and resource for something more useful like bringing DA back :fox:

:lol:

Also, I like rantanplan's idea! There is this website called godtube (or something like that) they based it off youtube.... we could try a similar thing... though it would be hard to make it mainstream (we'd have to do more then just DA vids of course)...but it would be possible so long as youtube doesn't try to shut us down for copyright...though they haven't tried to shut down godtube (as far as I know...)
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby rantanplan » Thu 27. Sep 2007, 22:47

Also, I like rantanplan's idea!

thanks lol

There is this website called godtube (or something like that) they based it off youtube.... we could try a similar thing...

it's godtube.com (i did'nt know this so thanks lol).
it's like i told, but especially for DA, in my head... . Or better, for fox's show only!! :D :p.

though it would be hard to make it mainstream

we need a maximum persons, but not obligatory the most important part of visitors ;).

we'd have to do more then just DA vids of course

yes, or like a tell just before, for fox's show generally.
with regular back up of website, in case of delete by the host ;)... .

but it would be possible so long as youtube doesn't try to shut us down for copyright...though they haven't tried to shut down godtube (as far as I know...)

before we shut down, youtube will must shut down all another website, godtube, daylimotion, ........ and more and more... .
If it's legal for youtube to exist, we can do similar, if we don't copy them exacty... . Concurence is totally legal! ;).

(but for be legal, we must do allthing ourself, no coping them. But for be real, i can post here the youtube website, if you are interested... . i don't have result when i try to use it, but maybe a better webmaster can try, or we can all find a solution)... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby jondy09 » Fri 28. Sep 2007, 00:30

good point... youtube didn't start deleting things until they were bought by a big company...
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby moonlitestar » Fri 28. Sep 2007, 03:23

yeah...google is compliant of a lot of things though...they help china censor websites!!!

all for good business...
moonlitestar
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby rantanplan » Fri 28. Sep 2007, 14:10

are you sure, MLS ?

i think that google.com is censor in china, too.

there is a website for enter a url in a textfield, and it appear if this site is sensor or not. google appear censor too...

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Next

Return to Offtopic