Another request

Let us know what you think about the Board / Wenn ihr Verbesserungsvorschläge habt oder ihr eure Meinung sagen wollt

Moderator: Network Admins

Another request

Postby darkjak » Mon 16. Jul 2007, 10:00

I have another request on how to improve this homepage.

I think you should get a database containing fanart (Screensavers, wallpapers, stories, emotes and whatnot).
Doing that, this place could be the ultimate DA homepage. Sorta like Transgenic central:P
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby rantanplan » Mon 16. Jul 2007, 14:27

you speak about a way to group all goodie exisiting in web sites of the network ?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Mon 16. Jul 2007, 22:31

Mhh i guess its not really necessary. You can find alot of fanarts, wallpaper and this stuff on the Sites of the Network.
And when a Network Member got new own fanarts he post it here too.

www.max-x5452.de
www.x5serie.de.vu
www.eyes-only-online.net
www.jessicaalbafanatics.com

:wink:

but however thxs for your ideas and proposals :)
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Serenity » Tue 17. Jul 2007, 00:31

Hosting a database for fanwork might be costly for the admins because we all have a lot of stuff, which, as Saahm mentioned, people post links to when they upload something somewhere. However, we could have something like a "vote for your favorites" section of the forum, where we could post links to our fanworks we want members to vote on each month. That would be interesting
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby rantanplan » Tue 17. Jul 2007, 04:18

good idea serenity.

maybe the darkjak's idea (or serenity's) can attract more news members?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby jondy09 » Wed 18. Jul 2007, 02:57

Sounds fun to me!! Just so you know I got here because I was on mediablvd and I clicked on a link of Shaam's to his site and from there I clicked on a link to get here.... The original link was for a video; so, posting our fan stuff on other sites which will eventually lead back here is good!! (Sorry, a little off topic but I just wanted people to know fan art is important!!)
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby rantanplan » Wed 18. Jul 2007, 12:10

good example. :-).

i think about one think : fans video's are posted only on network's site and youtube, or too in differents forum, dailymotion, ............ . ?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Serenity » Thu 19. Jul 2007, 01:20

jondy09 wrote:Sounds fun to me!! Just so you know I got here because I was on mediablvd and I clicked on a link of Shaam's to his site and from there I clicked on a link to get here.... The original link was for a video; so, posting our fan stuff on other sites which will eventually lead back here is good!! (Sorry, a little off topic but I just wanted people to know fan art is important!!)

[font=Arial]I think jondy's on to something here that could tie in with darkjak's original idea. Right now each Dark Angel section has a board for Fanwork where members post links to their latest stuff.

These boards could be replaced by a new Fanwork Category which would contain subboards for specific type of fanwork (websites, wallpaper, avatars & banners, fanfiction, videos, etc.), and the current posts in the fanwork boards would simply be moved to the appropriate subboard. This way, members still get to post links to their DA stuff and visitors could browse a database for the type of DA fanwork they're interested in.

To further increase traffic to the forum, and hopefully new members, each member who posts a link to their work could be asked to post a link back to the forum main page wherever their items are hosted. For instance, my DA videos are linked to my MySpace page, which contains a link to my DA homepage, which has a link to this forum on the homepage. Like jondy said, posting DA fan stuff on other sites and eventually linking back to the forum could help generate more traffic :D![/font]
Sketchy: "At least Normal knows who he is."
O.C.: "A constipated, crusty, angry, rhythm-free, Republican white man?"
==================================================================
I'm going to be me, so it you can't stand me, sit down...If you can't face me turn around!
Serenity
Network Moderator

Postby jondy09 » Thu 19. Jul 2007, 01:31

That is a GREAT idea!!!
NEW CHAPTER

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3763434/1/C ... he_Damned- AU 2009: After a failed escape attempt the remains of unit 12 are hauled off to Psy-ops each emerges as the 'perfect soldier'. It's about their struggle to regain their humanity after the horrors of Psy-ops...review! 3 chapters up!
jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby rantanplan » Fri 20. Jul 2007, 20:14

i think thatthe most important is to try to group all fans in the network.
Multiples differents sites are necessary, and very good, but he network must group all this, for coordinate action, and give to fans of DA more importance.

For realise it, all solutions are good, and i approve you totally, serenity.
on the net, "mouth to heard" is probably the better way to become more spread.

maybe a simple solution too : post the max number of web sites adress here, and clic on them : if we have luck, a part of all admins to this websites look about referer, so they will find the adress : www.darkangel-network.com", like the referer.... And maybe they want see about us, and after, speak about the network to them boards... .

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Fri 20. Jul 2007, 23:57

Sounds fun to me!! Just so you know I got here because I was on mediablvd and I clicked on a link of Shaam's to his site and from there I clicked on a link to get here.... The original link was for a video; so, posting our fan stuff on other sites which will eventually lead back here is good!! (Sorry, a little off topic but I just wanted people to know fan art is important!!

i have already done that on deviant art http://deanfenechanimations.deviantart.com/gallery/
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby darkjak » Sun 22. Jul 2007, 12:57

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:
Sounds fun to me!! Just so you know I got here because I was on mediablvd and I clicked on a link of Shaam's to his site and from there I clicked on a link to get here.... The original link was for a video; so, posting our fan stuff on other sites which will eventually lead back here is good!! (Sorry, a little off topic but I just wanted people to know fan art is important!!

i have already done that on deviant art http://deanfenechanimations.deviantart.com/gallery/

Wholy f##k!
Thats some nice stuff youve got there!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for the good to do nothing.
darkjak
Manticore Squad Leader

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 22. Jul 2007, 19:45

those are all available for the barcode day t-shirts. look for the topic somewhere in this forum an you can see the whole creative process
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby jondy09 » Sun 22. Jul 2007, 20:07

Also, if they are still there you can find them on Saahm's site:

www.eyes-only-online.net

scroll down a bit and you'll see them!
NEW CHAPTER

jondy09
Psy-Ops

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sun 22. Jul 2007, 20:09

yeap!!!! we'll change the manticore one t 2008 not 2007
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Next

Return to Review and praise / Vorschläge, Kritiken und Lob