Anybody see Dollhouse?

Everything :D !!!No posts will count!!

Moderator: Network Admins

Anybody see Dollhouse?

Postby bootzilla » Sat 14. Feb 2009, 07:22

Premiered tonight - I decided to check it out since it seemed like it borrowed a decent amount from DA with some Alias thrown in (it even started with Eliza Dushku racing motorcycles, and the main plot line in the premiere is recovering a little girl that has been kidnapped... :roll: )

Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was reeeeealllly bad. Disjointed, plot setup and character development were incredibly vague, and halfway through I was looking at the clock wondering how much longer it would go.

Frustrating that FOX has been promoting this show like it was a must-see, and so far it is nowhere close to what they cancelled with DA :fox:
bootzilla
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Sat 14. Feb 2009, 16:29

Eliza Dushku
:yess: :rock:
i didn't but i heard its really good, and also heard that its kindda like matrix type at the begining its "wtf is happening"
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby bootzilla » Tue 17. Feb 2009, 09:07

gtf_dean_fenech wrote: also heard that its kindda like matrix type at the begining its "wtf is happening"

Ahhh - ok. That makes me feel a little bit better, then. I missed the first 5 minutes, and kept thinking "how could they have set this whole show up in just 5 minutes? I have no clue what is going on."

I'll give it a couple more episodes. Maybe once it starts to develop it will be more interesting. Doesn't have the kick-arse factor of DA, at least not yet.
bootzilla
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Allison Lightning » Wed 18. Feb 2009, 00:22

We do know now that Joss Whedon has watched Dark Angel.
" When you think you see me I'm not there because you left me behind"

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4530040/1/Damaged
Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 18. Feb 2009, 11:00

no idea
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Nanaki » Fri 22. May 2009, 12:27

FOX have renewed it for a new season too - even though it's only getting 3 Million viewers.

Dark Angel got over 6 Million during season 2..
Nanaki
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Allison Lightning » Fri 22. May 2009, 14:29

Well we all know ratings weren't the real reason those evil people cancled DA- I am glad to get more Dollhouse and not just because it's fun to have something like DA on- Dollhouse is amazing despite being a Whedon show and better than most of the other utter trash on.

Seriously they are punishing the audience for having brain cells with a lot of these other used cop shows/ reality shows.

An alternate ending for AJBAC, all because of one thing, Logan is captured by Manticore while Max got away. Inside of Manticore, struggling to hold onto his sanity, his identity, Logan has nowhere to hide. Will he survive to escape, or will Lydecker destroy him first?

Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Postby jameron4eva » Thu 2. Jul 2009, 04:21

Not all Whedon shows are bad, i really liked Firefly, don't kill me, but i did. Ultimatly Fox has fracked DA, FIREFLY, and now by keeping DOLLHOUSE, they cancelled Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicals, fing Fox bastards, i hate them it was just getting good to, just like DA, and FIREFLY. I not only will support a "keep DA" sign up, but will deffinantly support a "keep TSCC" sign up, no false intentions intended, but it only makes since that if i'm on a DA sight now, i write a little on the TSCC side, it has to have something ya know. :fox:
jameron4eva
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Thu 2. Jul 2009, 16:15

they cancelled Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicals????
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby Sasafrass452 » Thu 6. Aug 2009, 14:49

Dollhouse is a great show :) It's been getting really interesting! Did anyone see the unaired episode that leaked? WOW!
"Take your best shot, but some dirt just doesn't wash off...."
http://www.myspace.com/sasafrass452
Sasafrass452
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby Allison Lightning » Tue 22. Sep 2009, 13:16

Eptipath One was amazing- did anyone else picture Max and the others crawling around in that kind of world- I so did.

Why does Dollhouse have to be on FOX it's like- waiting to get shot... and it's hard to forget that this network could take it away. Just like DA, and all the other good shows.

Allison Lightning
Manticore Soldier

Return to Offtopic