Dark Angel Cartoon eyesonly broadcast at the end

Here you can talk about all Protest Campaigns

Moderators: Serenity, Laura

Postby rantanplan » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 15:44

yes, creat a part with rule is about 2 mn of working :D.

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 20:49

gtf_dean_fenech wrote:
Together, and from a lot of several different country in the world, they stay strong in struggle, and are disposed to accomodate every persons who want join them, for try to touch the common da fan's aim.

very important. We should emphisize all the different countries that members are from (may be Saahm can check?)

No problem i can do this. Most members have a flag in the profile so you can see from where they are. Just tell me when you need a list.
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 20:57

any time, the sooner we get this broadcast written, the sooner we can record it.
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Mon 18. Aug 2008, 22:10

we could help you saahm, if you want, each of us tell one or two pages of members... . it will maybe more fastly like that, no ?

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Tue 19. Aug 2008, 21:51

So here is the list of countrys from where our members come. I counted only users who filled out this field in their profile ;) Result: Members from 37 different countrys.

[align=center]Germany - 73

USA - 65

England - 18

Australia - 16

Canada - 14

France - 11

Italy - 8

Holland - 5
Spain
Austria

Malta - 3
Swiss
Irland

Sweden - 2
Russia
New Zealand
Argentina
Belgium
Brasilia
Chile
Mexico
Latvia

Croatia - 1
Bulgaria
Nigeria
China
Angola
Romania
Poland
Finland
Philippines
Hungary
Estonia
South Africa
Czechrepublic
Denmark
Kazakhstan
[/align]
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 00:54

Result: Members from 37 different countrys.

great, thats worth a mention
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 03:25

really great list!! About 40 nations here... . !!

And i have something great too... . Something which can maybe help us for our broadcast, and in any case, which can only help us!

I explain : i was away for 3 weeks during my hollydays, so today, i've thinking to check youtube for see if there is news DA videos.
And i've find one very special from eyes only! :D.

It was nova, who speak about him there is a long time ago. His post is here : http://www.darkangel-network.com/viewtopic.php?t=433 In this video, eyes only speaks about a racist politician.

Now, he has make a new videos, about DAN! the link is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVhl6etH5m4
(and yes, he's french! I've always thinking french guys are the best lol).

I've tried to traduct for you what he tells, but of course, there is probably some mistakes... . But i think the main meaning of his sentences is corect.
If somebody can correct, maybe there is some ideas than we can reused... . But stay aware that his videos during 2:02 mn, so we must choose only the essential.

My approximate translation :

Do not attempt to adjust your set. This is a Streaming Freedom Video bulletin. The cable hack will last exactly 60 seconds. It cannot be traced. It cannot be stopped. And it is the only free voice left in this city.

Dark angel is a very good show however during only 2 seasons. Broadcasted from 2000 to 2002, then cancelled during her succes, the show has grouped a big number of fans, but that has not been suffisant for permit her to continue, because a 3rd season firstly planed is never really born.
For some persons, this premature cancelation is because of too much expensive production cost, for another person, there is a political explanation, since the show make us watching the america broken by terrorists, whereas 11 september attack just happen recently.

Fans are again very many (numbrous???) even if 6 years passed. They ask again a real end to the show, the story has been stopped during the middle of intrigue.
there exist in particular a forum called darkangel network, which aim is to regoup this fans to take coordinated actions. So, each 17 may, birthdate of the stop of the show, its members protest by a massive sending of mails to the FOX, owner of the rights. In 2007, they have organized a demonstration in america, which the issue was a failure. However, the same year, the FOX has created a pool about series of science fiction preferred by the fans. Dark angel has win with 84%, crushing worship shows like x files, stargates, or firefly.

Much more recently, jessica alba has regive hope for a continuation to Dark angel, recognizing have speak with the producer james cameron to the idea of a movie for enclose the story. She has entrust too that she want so work again with him that she would accept all his propositions.

Following this, the forum has decide to send soon a letter to james cameron, and to create a new online petition following the one established a few years ago. You can sign her to this adress.
If there is no answer before the 1st june 2009, a special action would have be taking this day too, day when happen the Pulse, a key event of the show.

Darkangel network is a active community where we can speak english, but too deutsh, french, italian and spanish. So each one can find something for him so.
If you had like Dark angel, join this forum will permit to you to know more about the show, and about what is tried for recover it. You'll can too take part to the organisation of differents actions for help members already presents. More fans will be grouped, more chances we'll have to see again dark angel on our sets a day.
Eyes only, although absent of the dark angel network, supports actions of this forum, and hope that this broadcast will be advantageous (profitable??? helpful ???) for him.

This has been a streaming freedom video bulletin.

Tell me what you think! :).

bye!

PS : Eyes only make our advertisement!! lol i find that mad!! :D.
It's good that he knows us! :).
rantanplan
X2

Postby Walt210% » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 09:30

Great Video :)
First of all I don't speak french so I don't know if its usual to speak that fast as he did in the video.
But either we too speak very fast in our video or we have to pick only the most important things because we can't fit so much information in 1 minute.
On the other hand I don't know if it would be that bad if our video exceeds the lengh of one minute.
This world may not know peace, but in my presence you will know quiet.
Augustin IV
Walt210%
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby gtf_dean_fenech » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 11:06

Very interesting. This is my critisism of it, with comparison of what we need and should do for our cartoon. We shouldn't give reasons why Dark Angel was cancelled, people can come here and check for them.

I like this part even though it was a bit too long: "there exist in particular a forum called darkangel network, which aim is to regoup this fans to take coordinated actions. So, each 17 may, birthdate of the stop of the show, its members protest by a massive sending of mails to the FOX, owner of the rights. In 2007, they have organized a demonstration in america, which the issue was a failure. However, the same year, the FOX has created a pool about series of science fiction preferred by the fans. Dark angel has win with 84%, crushing worship shows like x files, stargates, or firefly."

we can mention this, but just a little, not this long: "Much more recently, jessica alba has regive hope for a continuation to Dark angel, recognizing have speak with the producer james cameron to the idea of a movie for enclose the story. She has entrust too that she want so work again with him that she would accept all his propositions."

the ending is a bit weak, i think. I needs to end with a "boom"

So after seeing this video, and plus to try to hurry up this process, i've written down a draft of the things we should mention:

"Do not adjust your set, this is a streaming freedom video bulletin, it cannot be traced , it cannot be stoped and it is the last free voice on the internet.

In 2001 the James Cameron series Dark Angel aired for the first time, and despite winning several awards, the show got wrongfully canceled by 20th century fox after just 2 seasons. Dark Angel is still a favourit amougst fans as it is still winning FOX polls. There is an ever growing fan base that is still growing today, 6 years after it was cancelled, all still looking for closure. The fans try to seak this closure in the eyesonly colaborators the Dark Angel network Fourm. This forum aims to regroup and unite fans together from all over the world, that includes 37 different countries, to take actions for a continuation of Dark Angel. Such past actions include The Barcode day also future actions are being formulated. Jessica Alba's recent hope for a movie has fuiled the Networks hopes. The Dark Angel network will always stay strong in the struggle and never forget and never give up... We are keeping an eye on you FOX... you have been warned...

this has been a streaming freedom bulluten via the eyesonly net and the Dark Angel network... peace out."

I roughly timed this as 1 minute and 28 seconds.

What do you think?
gtf_dean_fenech
Honorary Member

Postby rantanplan » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 18:52

walt : it's right he speak a little fastly, but it's much least than in the one that nova has find... . :D.
I think he try to speak fastly for make only one minute, but nova has told him too speak more slowly in a comment on the video.
And i think we must pick only most important things... . It's important to not boring watchers, so to not speak too much fastly :).
And our video can exceed a little one minute, no problem, but not a lot... . I think 1mn 10 can be at the limit of the acceptable.
Dean, what do you think about the maximum time ?

This is my critisism of it, with comparison of what we need and should do for our cartoon. We shouldn't give reasons why Dark Angel was cancelled, people can come here and check for them.

Yes, but i have traduct all the video, for you know what it's telling "exactly". Of course, we must delete a part of his text :).

the ending is a bit weak, i think. I needs to end with a "boom"

yes, i'm totally right. Our end must be something "stronger"... .
(i can't prevent myself to imagine what sort of "boom" a jessica alba's comment at the end of the cartoon could be ! lol But i think we can't really count on that).

About your proposition, i've a little detail : our cartoon is like the show : it happens in seattle. So maybe "the last voice on the internet" could stay "the last voice on this city", no ? Or you prefer keep internet for add a little reality in the cartoon for watchers... .
Maybe it could be good to give detail about the pool like the 84 % or the fact that we beat "x file", which a new movie is waiting after so many years... .
The fans try to seak this closure in the eyesonly colaborators the Dark Angel network Fourm.

This way to present us like colaborators of eyes only is a little strange, no ? Some fans could not understand what you mean, i think. But eyes only in the cartoon could tell something like "if like me you hope a continuation, just know that we have a ally in the entity of the dark angel network forum" (somùething like this, but in shorter, if possible). I think it's more clear like that, but it's just an idea. :).

And rather than tell exactly "37 differents countries" tell "about 40 countrys". In an approximation, so it's correct, and 40... . it's a good number ;).

It can be good to precise that barecodeday is not only a past action, but it exists again now :).

Jessica Alba's recent hope for a movie has fuiled the Networks hopes

a little mysterious for ones who don't know what she tells :). But it's not bad, it can give envy to come here for know more :).

The Dark Angel network will always stay strong in the struggle and never forget and never give up... We are keeping an eye on you FOX... you have been warned...

it's the "boom" about you speak ? lol i like this end :).

1m28.. err, maybe we can find some words more shorter, and win some seconds :).
An american could maybe speak a little faster ?

But i find you speak what is needed to be listen... . It's a good summary... .

bye!

PS : sorry for all my quotations, it's was for speak more clearly about particular sentences :).
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 19:18

@dean. I like this script for the video. At the moment i know nothing to add :wink:

For Numa's video say him thxs from us :D
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby rantanplan » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 19:45

For Numa's video say him thxs from us

what do you mean ???

bye!
rantanplan
X2

Postby Saahm23 » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 19:48

sorry i meant "nova" ^^
Saahm23
Network Admin

Postby Walt210% » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 20:41

it is the last free voice on the internet

Sounds a bit dramatic don't you think ?

"the last voice on this city"

I would prefer this version, but it's just an idea.

Dean I like your script too, but I think maybe rantanplan is right about the 1:10 maximum :dunno:
This world may not know peace, but in my presence you will know quiet.
Augustin IV
Walt210%
Jam Pony Messenger

Postby rantanplan » Wed 20. Aug 2008, 22:47

no problem for the name, saahms, i didn't notice that. lol.

What i misunderstand is why you want i thanks nova for his video? You mean because he make us know this vids ?
(and in fact, i think remember he speaks english :) ).

walt : dramatic ? lol. Because internet must be a free place ? :).
It's not wrong, but there is each day more and more controls... . so it could be this version too lol.
Maybe we prefers that because we have the routine of that, i don't know. My insctinct could tell "in the city" too... . But maybe on internet, for a cartoon broadcasted on the web, can be good too... . In any case, it's just a detail :).
I think too that 1mn30 is a little too long. Byt i think it's just a draft (i've seen it's the world that dean has used, only now, that i want use it, and translate the french world lol), so it"ll be again worked before be used in the cartoon :).

bye!
rantanplan
X2

PreviousNext

Return to Protest Section